Monday, February 11, 2008

find your adventure

One warm wonderful day last week I took the kids over to the beach. We collected lots of shells (which by the way are still in my car), and danced in the sunshine. It felt so good to see them run free on the sand, no one else in sight. It was pretty windy that day, so I had to keep turning their little bodies to face downwind when the sand began to kick up, but it only added more excitement as the soft sand joined in our dance.

Where is my adventure today? I woke up not feeling well and I stole into the shower as soon as the little ones went in for a nap. That was my quiet time.
I want to see that wonder in their eyes, just like the day at the beach. I want to discover something new.

Maybe I'll get those sandy old shells out of the car and we can have our own beach adventure in the house. They could clean them off in the bathtub (water, always a big hit). They could paint them, or I could just dig out some stickers and crayons. The possibilities are endless.....

Where is your adventure today?

No comments: