Monday, July 13, 2009

procrastinating- sometimes it does help!!

So yesterday I remembered about my neighbor who had a baby boy 3 weeks ago. I remembered that I had a gift for the newbie, plus her 2 year old daughter, and it was all downstairs on my craft table in the basement. I threw a load of laundry in the washer, ran the dishwasher and headed downstairs to make a card and wrap the gifts so that the kiddies and I could run them over.

Sitting there at my little paper-craft sanctuary, I quickly made some cards and threw everything into some little gift bags. Easy enough, didn't know why on earth I had been putting it off for 3 weeks !

I grabbed the bags and headed upstairs, yelling to the kids to get their shoes on. Funny, as I'm walking past Hubby's pool very nice pool table I hear the sound of water trickling, but it's definately not in a pipe. I throw down the gifts SCREAM for Hubby to come down NOW! (I still don't know what he could have been thinking when I screamed the way I did.) Just as he came down we started to see water soaking into the drop ceiling tiles HOLY SHIT! Yeah, sorry to my grandmothers, really no other expression can even fit here!!

Grabbing towels and buckets and waste baskets we try to stop the disaster that could have destroyed the pool table (which, by the way has probably been used 3 times since the kids were born!) In the end, Hubby saved the day, the pool table, and has ordered a part for the dishwasher. Ya gotta love a handyman! But the real crazy part of the story is that if I had not have procrastinated about the whole gift wrapping thing, I might never have been downstairs when it all went down and we could have possibly had a much worse situation on our hands. So I know that the next time Hubby gets on my case about putting something off, I will remind him that my subtle laziness truly saved his baby, the Olhausen.

No comments: