Friday, July 24, 2009

$$$$

When he told me the amount I had charged on the credit card last month I wanted to die. I started to sweat, got a little dizzy, then started to well up with the defensive attitude that my parents will most likely remember from my teenage years. Hubby was just stating facts, no pointed fingers, no blame, just facts, because that is exactly what my sweet man does. After my little tantrum, I apologized and just sat with it for a while. how did a girl, who grew up on next to nothing, the eldest of six children, turn into this money-spending-momma? It's certainly not big ticket items. It's the 4 trips to the food store, or Costco or Target. It's the Health Food Store and the craft store. It's Dunkin Donuts. It's everyday living.

When we had our babies a few years back, I swore I wouldn't spoil them. Boy was I wrong! Hand me down toys from older family members, dollar store gagdgets each week, they have all filled 2 bedrooms and a basement toy room! Now that the kids are a little older and are no longer watching the toddler-commercial-free tv channel, it's all about the toys and commercials and " we want that !!!"

So here I am, searching online through "pay us first" scams and jobs that I most likely have no training for, hoping that I can find that magical thing that will save me. I scan my brain for what I like to do, what I am capable of doing, and am just so confused by it all. As I am surrounded by a mountain of toys that no one seems to ever want to play with, or clean up for that matter, I have a wonderful idea - garage sale !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beautiful: Hopefully your credit card is hiding in a drawer someplace. Glad you are realizing that you have to watch it more carefully. The easiest thing is to just show the card every time but the hardest is to accept that you have made all the purchases. WOW I am glad you woke up. Love, Grumpy