Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A long time ago, a girl blogged. It has been over a year- wowzers! Currently, the kids have gotten larger and the Hubby even more handsome. We still battle food allergies and traffic here in good 'ol Jerzee. So here I am, again. I was asked by several friends and comrades to share the Mini Pumpkin Muffin recipe from my jewelry party the other day, so here goes:

MINI PUMPKIN MUFFIN YUMMIES (GLUTEN FREE)
About 32 mini muffins
1 1/4 C gluten free flour blend of your choice
2 tsps baking powder (gluten free)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp xatham gum
1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
1 C sugar
2 Tb ground flaxseed mixed with 4 1/2 Tb water( let sit for a few minutes before adding ) this is how you make flaxseed "eggs"
1 1/2 C canned pumpkin
2 tsps vanilla (gluten free)
1/3 C oil ( I used canola, but will probably try melted coconut oil next time )

Prepare mini muffin pans by using small muffin liners.
Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, xantham gum, and cinnamon.  In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, flaxseed "eggs", pumpkin, vanilla,  and oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Spoon into prepared mini muffin liners. Bake until toothpick comes clean and springy to the touch., approx 15-18 minutes.
Let cool completely on a rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Delicious!!




I am not a professional, but I love to make any food "nonallergenic" and gluten free so that my entire household can enjoy. The trick is always to make it yummy enough the Hubby doesn't know the difference.

As I move forward with my Holistic Health Coach training and meeting so many amazing people, I hope that my little recipes will evolve into a safe place for people to learn about holistic healing, gluten free cooking and so much more.






No comments: