Thursday, November 20, 2008

holiday challenge

The holiday buzz has begun. This time of year makes me feel warm inside and happy to hug all my family and friends. It also makes me think much more of the families that do not have much. I clean up my kid's rooms and I think of children that don't have many toys to play with or warm clothes to wear. So I went through my closet. My foyer closet which contains coats. Many, many coats. I found 3 that I haven't worn in years. That I will probably never wear. So, they will be donated today. I always donate the kid's outgrown clothes. I always go through the things that I don't want anymore. But, to find something that perhaps can be useful to someone else in the cold weather, that makes me feel good. An outdated sequined belt? Not so helpful I'm thinking to someone trying to just make it through the day.

So the challenge to all is to find one coat, one item that will warm someone else up for the season and donate it now. I promise it will warm your heart too.

No comments: