Tuesday, June 24, 2008

time in a bottle?

My life is not difficult. I know I am blessed with many loved ones and good health. Yes, my 3 year old can be trying sometimes, but, certainly not out of the ordinary in that department. So why is it hard for me to find enough time? Time to read the blogs that I enjoy. Time to blog about my silly life. Time to call my grandmothers and visit with friends.

At day's end I look around and pick up toys, again. I smile and count the minutes until the kids go to bed and I can do for me. What do I do? I collapse on the couch. Sometimes a book in hand, usually a parenting or cookbook to be perfectly honest.

I guess I want to know, does anyone have enough time to do all they want or need to do in a day? Or, should I just be happy when the kids do go to bed on time, the kitchen is half-cleaned, and I am able to sit on a couch that is not covered in toys?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gina: So happy that you are "back" again. There are not enough hours in a day to do everything so concentrate only on the important tasks. Enjoy the toy covered couch and find a way to just relax. Keep up the good work -- you are doing a super job with my very special great grandchildren (never thought I would live long enough to say "great" grandchildren) Love, Nanny